RadSite has appointed several industry and professional leaders to the RadSite Standards Committee and Accreditation Committee, both of which support the organization’s quality benchmarking activities to assess a full range of imaging providers in all clinical settings. RadSite established the committees last year as part of an expansion of its critical mission of assessing, tracking and reporting imaging trends.
The Standards Committee oversees development of the new evidence-based quality benchmarks, along with revisions to existing standards, based on emerging best practices along with regulatory requirements. Committee appointments are for one year, which can be renewed for additional terms.
“As a former hospital administrator, I know how critical radiology imaging is to correct diagnosis and treatment,” says David Stefan, MS, MHA, former head of a J.D. Power and Associates healthcare division, and a new member of the Standards Committee. “I also know how important credible, independent assessments of quality and service are to consumers in knowing who to trust.”
He adds, “RadSite’s mission to bring tested quality and service standards and accreditation processes to the rapidly growing arena of outpatient and non-hospital based radiology services is critical to both consumer and insurer confidence in radiology providers.”
RadSite Standards Committee members include:
- William Orrison, MD, MBA, Nevada Medical Imaging Center, Committee Chair
- Jana Chambliss, ARRT, (R), (CT), CMRT, Radiology Expert, Committee Vice Chair
- Ellen Bonner, BA, JD, The Callaway Bonner Group
- Joel V. Brill, MD, AGAF, CHCQM, Predictive Health
- Anthony Defrance, MD, CVCTA Education, Physician Representative
- Stephen Charles Scharf, MD, Lenox Hill Hospital
- David Stefan, Benefit Together, MS, MHA, Benefit Together
- Robert Ted Steinbock, MD, X-Ray Associates of Louisville, PSC
- Phillip W. Patton, PhD, CHP, DABR, UNLV Department of Health Physics and Diagnostics
- Thomas W. Wilson, PhD, DrPH, Population Health Impact (PHI) Institute
The Accreditation Committee oversees RadSite’s certification activities for imaging facilities and systems, which include both the online assessment process and audit program.
Accreditation Committee member Mary Ann Waldron, MBA, notes, “I think everybody believes that determination of quality can be so subjective as to make the metrics hard to determine and execute; this program sets a standard and provides a benchmark for those of us committed to quality imaging.”
RadSite Accreditation Committee members include:
- Mark Hiatt, MD, MBA, MS, HealthHelp, Committee Chair
- Julie O’Brien, BSN, RN, MS, Alicare Medical Management, Committee Vice Chair
- Linda Holmgren, RN, MS, Holmgren & Associates, LLC
- Debra Honey, BSN, MHA, CENP, FACHE, CPHQ, Honey Consulting, Inc.
- John Robert Kirkwood, MD, FACR, formerly of Baystate Medical Center
- Randall H.H. Madry, Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Christine Petersen, MD, MBA, formerly of HealthInsight
- John Sekerak, TCS Healthcare Technologies
- Teresa M. Treiger, RN-BC, MA, CCM, CCP, Ascent Healthcare Consulting
- Michael Vasilik, BS, MS, Dip, PhD, Eagle Technology Consulting Associates
- Mary Ann Waldron, MBA, Traction Business Development, LLC
- Mary Pat Whaley, FACMPE, Manage My Practice, LLC
Garry Carneal, RadSite president, says he is pleased with the new committee appointments. “As the country’s leading authority on imaging quality and standards, the strength of our volunteers is vital as we gain industry-wide support,” he says. “With over 50,000 imaging systems and 20,000 imaging facilities certified to date, RadSite is clearly going to have an impact on the future quality of imaging in the United States.”
RadSite also is governed by an Advisory Board that oversees the organization. RadSite is accepting a few more nominations for the board and committees, which are volunteer positions. If you would like to learn more about RadSite, its quality programs or its volunteer committees, please contact Jessica Jordan at (855) 440-6001 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
About RadSite (www.radsitequality.com)
Founded in 2005, RadSite’s mission is to promote quality-based practices for imaging systems across the United States and its territories. RadSite has certified over 20,000 imaging facilities covering at least 50,000 imaging systems. RadSite’s certification and accreditation programs help assess, track and report imaging trends in an effort to enhance imaging procedures and outcomes. RadSite also offers educational programs, publishes issue briefs, and underwrites research on a complimentary basis to raise awareness of patient safety issues and to promote best practices. The organization is governed by an independent board and committee system, which is open to a wide-range of volunteers to ensure transparency and accountability. RadSite is expanding its activities and resources to serve patients, providers, payers, government agencies, and other stakeholder groups. To learn more about RadSite, please contact us at (855) 440-6001 or email@example.com.