New York/PRWeb/September 4, 2013 – Epstein Becker Green announces a three-part webinar series featuring nationally known thought leaders in the health care industry. This complimentary series, sponsored by Epstein Becker Green and EBG Advisors, will examine emerging trends in “population health,” a growing area of interest as the industry moves towards the management and support of integrated delivery systems such as accountable care organizations (ACOs).
“It’s time we take a serious look at the tools available to be deployed in population health programs,” says Mark Lutes, Vice Chairman of Epstein Becker Green, a nationally recognized law firm that specializes in health care. “The webinar series offers an important opportunity to hear from key thought leaders on the tactics delivery systems are considering in assuming responsibility for the health of populations.”
To register for any of the free webinars in the series, click here.
“These sessions will offer participants informative and insightful guidance on how population health strategies are transforming the health care paradigm,” notes Jeffrey Becker, a co-founder of Epstein Becker Green. “From the Affordable Care Act and data analytics to advancements in health IT systems, a number of factors are having a significant impact on the health care delivery system.”
The three webinars that comprise the series delve into key aspects of the emerging population health paradigm.
- Session I: The Consumer Perspective on Health Care Delivery—Challenging Pre-Existing Notions and Navigating the New Landscape
- Date & Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, September 24, 2013
- Speaker: Chuck Alston, Senior Vice President, Director of Public Affairs, MSL, Washington, D.C. (Publicis’ strategic engagement group), and Advisor to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation on the health care quality portfolio
Alston, a specialist in health care systems communication, will share the learning from focus groups and his national experience as to how health systems can best communicate with consumers/patients on medical evidence with shared decision making. This presentation will challenge many of the pre-existing notions suggesting the best way to communicate with consumers, patients and their families.
- Session II: Assessing the New Mobile Environment— Slaying the Dinosaurs To Achieve Better Population Health
- Date & Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, October 16, 2013
- Speaker: Robert M. Kolodner, MD, vice president and chief medical officer, ViTel Net, and formerly the second National Coordinator for Health IT – the “U.S. health IT czar”
With the hoopla regarding electronic health records, telemedicine platforms, and technology applications to promote person-centered health and health care, Dr. Kolodner will provide a candid overview and assessment of how public and private sector initiatives are making a difference in the emerging electronically-driven and remote monitoring health care marketplace. He also will discuss how leveraging mobile health IT can optimize population health management strategies.
- Session III: Measuring Success—Evaluating the Clinical and Financial Efficacy of Population Health Management Strategies
- Date & Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, November 20, 2013
- Speaker: Dr. Tom Wilson, PhD, founder of Trajectory Healthcare, LLC and co-founder and board chair of non-profit organization Population Heath Impact Institute (www.PHIinstitute.org)
With the advent of more complex care management interventions and emerging population health management strategies, health leaders need to understand the changing business, clinical and financial landscape. This session will help explain how to design and create programs that promote comparative effectiveness and transparency.
To find out more about these webinars, log on to www.ebgadvisors.com or click here to register. A Q&A session will follow each webinar, so don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear from three national experts, as well as commentary from members of Epstein Becker Green!
About Epstein Becker Green
Founded in 1973, Epstein Becker Green is a national law firm with approximately 250 lawyers practicing in Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, San Francisco, Stamford, and Washington, D.C. Epstein Becker Green was founded to serve the health care industry and has been at the forefront of health care legal developments since its inception. The firm also y serves as a trusted advisor to clients in the financial services, retail and hospitality industries, among others, from startups to Fortune 100 companies. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.
About EBG Advisors
EBG Advisors, Inc. is a Washington, D.C.-based consultancy that takes a multi-disciplinary approach to helping health care and life sciences companies navigate the many obstacles they face. EBG Advisors’ reimbursement experts, policy analysts, strategists and other professionals who specialize in providing coordinated guidance and solutions across various segments of the health care industry. For more information, visit www.ebgadvisors.com.